Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Last but not least

Title: Motor and alternator coupling
Objective: To make sure that the motor can rotates the alternator
Content: The last method I will have is by having the AC motor. Meaning that in order to rotate the alternator automatically the motor is needed. What the reason that I wanted to make it automated? As to know that this project having a mat. So whenever people touch the mat the system will work automatically. Alright to make it happen, I will couple the shaft of the alternator and motor. As they are coupling therefore at the time of the motor is rotate the alternator will rotate as well. 
Furthermore, I will used the AC motor instead of using DC motor. Why? As can see that to move the alternator is quiet hard so it needs higher input power. The motor that suit could be a DC motor but for this time I just found the AC motor-washing machine AC motor. Therefore the coupling will be like this...

Analysis: After the coupling have been done, I found that the alternator moves very smooth. I can conclude that the motor I used is just suit with the alternator.

The way they were coupling

No comments:

Post a Comment